* At times you feel that life is just one big rush, you feel overwhelmed, like you never get it all done, you feel short with those you love and perhaps you also find it hard to get a good night sleep.
* Perhaps you would like further inspiration professionally and have heard and read a little about mindfulness and would like to experience it in a deeper way and get the ‘tools’ to integrate it into your daily life?
* You would just like a break, if you would like to recalibrate, reflect and recharge.
* You want the best massages, the most exquisite surroundings, the wisdom of mindfulness and your heart reinvigorated.
These retreats can be the perfect tonic to a busy year, a fabulous starting point for your mindfulness journey or a place to focus and refine your use of the mindfulness principles and techniques so you can take them back to your workplace or home.
& MINDFUL LEADERSHIP
About Charlotte Thaarup
Charlotte Thaarup will be facilitating Mindful Living and Mindful Leadership.
Charlotte is an internationally experienced Clinical Mindfulness Consultant who facilitates mindfulness and mindfulness based workshops both locally and abroad.
She is trained in Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as well as Mindful Eating (MBEAT) and Corporate Based Mindfulness Training (CBMT) and Big Mind.
Charlotte has trained with Zen Master Genpo Roshi, and attended training with Jack Kornfield, Dr. Dan Siegel, Eckart Tolle, Stephen and Martine Batchelor, Rick Hanson and Jason Siff. Her Mindful Eating program is to be part of Rick Hanson’s US based Wellbeing program.
Charlotte is a mediator and coach with over 20 years experience in facilitating change and personal and interpersonal development.
Charlotte has facilitator status in Relationship Awareness Theory and Alternatives to Violence Programme. She has a degree in Adult Teaching and has post graduate qualifications in Conflict Resolution and Mediation (Institute of Family Therapy – London) and in Creativity and Imagination in Education (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education – London).
Charlotte is a public speaker, does mindfulness retreats, coaching and training. She is also the mindfulness expert for the Danish magazine Femina.
About Tim Owen
Tim Owen will be facilitating Mindful Leadership.
Tim had a long and distinguished 32-year operational and staff career as a senior officer in the Royal Australian Air Force. Highlights included command at every operational level within the RAAF in Australia and overseas, wartime leadership in the Middle East and the design and development of Australia’s Airborne Surveillance System, for which he was made a Member of the Order of Australia. He also had the privilege of successfully leading the RAAF’s largest Force Element Group with a strength of over 2200 personnel.
Following his retirement from the military, he was elected as the local State MP for Newcastle. As part of that job he learnt a lot about politics, people, life and himself. ‘My exit from politics was a giant humiliation, stripping me of social status, of many friends and my personal questioning of who I thought I was and wanted to be. It is the learning from this incident and rebuilding myself, inch by inch, as a human being and as a leader that I am going to share during this retreat. My understanding of mindfulness is not deep in many ways, but it was through the understanding and use of the principles of mindfulness as well as disciplined mind-training, that step by step, led me to healing, to ownership and to transformation’.
Tim is currently a strategic business adviser, company consultant and leadership mentor for a number of large Hunter based and international companies.
* Marvelous massages, wonderful food, and yoga
* Experience different types of Mindfulness (attention training, body scan,
Mindful Self Enquiry, Loving kindness, walking meditation and yoga)
* An improved understanding of mindfulness theory and technique
* Learning about Buddhist Psychology
* Discussing current research on mindfulness and neuroplasticity
* Applying the principles and applications of mindfulness in a clinical practice
* Practicing mindful communication to improve relationships and resolve conflict
* Discussing our negative bias and how to actively work on regaining more balance in your general outlook
* Exploring the role of mindfulness training for self-care and stress management
When you combine your complete mindfulness program with massage, yoga, a beautiful environment and plenty of warmth and kindness, the time spent at a revitalising retreat provides you with an unforgettable experience - a treasured milestone in your mindfulness journey.
Mindful Leadership Retreat Extension
This year, you can do the mindful Living retreat on it's own (six nights) or add two days of mindful Leadership learning.
Mindful Leadership is for you if… you have proven that you know your job on a practical, technical or intellectual level. Now it is time to hone in on the inner strengths, the interpersonal and the core leadership attitudes and skills.
This peak performance program is designed for: Leaders & Managers in operational roles – Business owners – HR & Learning and Development professionals – Financial Sector professionals – Sales & Marketing professionals – Coaches – Anyone seeking to better manage their workload and personal life.
* Ability to implement the Key Leadership traits which determine effective leadership
* Ability to keep calm, focused and creative in an ever changing work environment
* Increased clarity and focus Improved physical wellbeing Increased physical, emotional and mental resilience
* Increased self awareness and self mastery Increased compassion for self and others
Our Leadership program is based on Posner and Kouzes' work. The program is being researched by Macquarie University and is showing stress reduction of 28% in the workplace.
The Zen Resort is the perfect place for restoration and rejuvenation of mind, body, and spirit. It is a small Bali gem, with the most wonderful staff and the massages, we are repeatedly told - the best in the world.